The Council for Allied Health Professions Research (CAHPR) was created by bringing together the Research Forum for Allied Health Professionals (RFAHP) and the Allied Health Professions Research Network (AHPRN), both of which have been in place for a number of years.
CAHPR’s mission is to develop AHP research, strengthen evidence of the professions’ value and impact for enhancing service user and community care, and enable the professions to speak with one voice on research issues, thereby raising their profile and increasing their influence.
CAHPR comprises of the following three groups:
The Strategy Committee is the overarching committee of the CAHPR, with responsibility for overseeing the structure’s outward-facing activity, its operations and continued development. It coordinates responses to consultations and set the strategic objectives for CAHPR.
The Professoriate enables AHP Professors from across the UK to meet, sharing perspectives and expertise in order to develop AHP research. The Professoriate feeds into the work and identifies priorities for the Strategy Committee.
UK-wide regional hub network
This network comprises of 23 regional hubs whose overall aim is to support the development of individuals interested in research and to promote the use of the evolving evidence-base in practice. The ‘hubs’ are able to provide research advice and support about the following:
- Getting started in research
- Grant and fellowship applications
- Enhancing research collaborations
- Writing for publication
- Disseminating recent research outcomes
- Mentorship and 1:1 support
- Funding and career development opportunities
- British and Irish Orthoptic Society
- College of Paramedics
- Chartered Society of Physiotherapy
- Royal College of Speech & Language Therapists
- Society and College of Radiographers
- Society of Chiropodists and Podiatrists
- College of Occupational Therapists
- The British Dietetic Association
- The British Association of Prosthetists and Orthotists
- British Association of Art Therapists
- The British Association for Music Therapy
- The British Association of Dramatherapists